[Asterisk-Users] Problem -ATA-711-723-Oh323-Asterisk

Sip Rtp vovida2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 23:27:01 MST 2003

Hi List,

I am facing the reverse problem as stated here.I am
using ATA 186 to make
and recieve call to * through OH323 driver.
When I use G711 codec in the ATA to make call then
then as soon as i dial an
extension the * crashes with 'segmentation fault'.
But the same scenerio works fine when i use 723 codec
in the ATA .I can dial
the number and extension very well/(I have 723 support
in the * ).
But now problem comes in the outbound as when i use a
extension like
exten=>12,1,Dial(OH323/12)
Then the call goes through but i don't hear any voice.
So my two problems are
1.Why asterisk gives seg. fault when i dial exten on
711 codec from ATA
2.Why can't i hear voice from * to ATA when i use 723
in ATA.
for 2nd i think that there is mismatch between the
codecs  so can we change
the priority order of the codecs used in the * or
Oh323 and if yes, then
how?

Please ask if any further Input is required.

Rgds
Manoj K Gupta