[Asterisk-Users] ISDN - Dialout MSN setting ??

duncan duncan at impede.net
Tue Apr 29 07:50:00 MST 2003

>We want to be able to set the outgoing caller-id on, BRI according to
>the extension but haven't worked how with asterisk ?

i have a similar request.  i know zaptel devices set the callerid in
zapata.conf, but im not sure about various SIP devices.  anyway, i dont
entirely trust my SIP users not to fiddle with settings.  so what i want to
do is set callerid in an outbound perl AGI - using:

$AGI->set_callerid('whatever');

but how can i indentify the SIP users from within the AGI to set their
callerid?

sort of in answer to your question then is that you can do this with an AGI
script thats used before the call goes out of the PSTN (i think).

duncan