[Asterisk-Users] Re: Creating a phone channel

Derek Beaumont jerkface2098 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 08:01:01 MST 2003

"Try to put Dial,phone/phone0:${EXTEN}
into the extensions.conf"
That did not work.  It changed the error message in that it
adds the extension that I dialed.

Presumably you did actually read the phone.conf.sample file ??
Yes I did.

and if you have only one phonejack, you only create one entry
into the file. (phone0)
There is only one entry in the file (device=>/dev/phone0)

If that comment refers to me having phone0 - phone15 in my /dev folder, I
believe that is because the ixj driver supports up to 15 Quicknet devices
(I'm pretty sure that I read that somewhere).