[Asterisk-Users] ISDN - Dialout MSN setting ??

Gary gary at ausmail.com
Tue Apr 29 07:24:21 MST 2003

I haven't managed to work this one out yet, so any assistance
appreciated ...

We want to be able to set the outgoing caller-id on, BRI according to
the extension but haven't worked how with asterisk ?

we have several hundred inbound numbers on these BRI so we are able o
use any one these to sett on outdial.

One other point I have been told should work, bu have no way of
trying...
In Australia, caller-id NAME is not used except to indicate the calling
service such as PAYPHONE, MOBILE, RESTRICTED etc.. I have been told
that we should be also able to set NAME on outbound as well as number,
yet funny enough have yet to find any commercialsystems which do this,
so I wonder if the information is true ?

Gary
.