[Asterisk-Users] Rackmount PC hardware suggestions

Ben Klang ben at alkaloid.net
Thu Apr 24 12:16:03 MST 2003

While I have not specifically used them with Asterisk,  I have been
*very* impressed with Silicon Mechanics (www.siliconmechanics.com).  We
had previously searched for quality 1U hardware with no special features
and had been constantly disappointed with low-quality hardware or bad
ordering/support process.  When I found SM, I got a 1U server (only
1PCI, but of course they offer MANY configuration options) that was made
with quality parts and that supported serial-console access (the lights
out you mentioned).  So far I have only good things to say about them.
Oh, and I'm not affiliated in any way other than being a happy customer.

Hope that helps.

-BAK