[Asterisk-Users] Rackmount PC hardware suggestions

Jayson Vantuyl kagato at souja.net
Thu Apr 24 08:14:14 MST 2003

> I have 2 1U systems that came with a single PCI riser card. In fact I
> will be deploying one of them with a T400P card in just under a month.
Do you have a model number on that?  I could really use one.  Also, is
that both a SuperMicro case and mobo or just the case?

> We chose the 1u super micros after we saw a presentation at our local
> LUG where some people from Vanderbilt university came and demonstrated a
> cluster using them.
I would have to say that, short of the blade systems, these things are
probably the most dense rackmount engineering I've ever seen.  If I had
to choose one word to describe them, I would say: "slick".

Jayson