[Asterisk-Users] GnuGK -> Asterisk problem

Niclas Gustafsson niclas.gustafsson at codesense.com
Thu Apr 24 07:23:54 MST 2003

Hi, i'm trying to setup Asterisk to work with GnuGK using the Openh323
channel driver.

I have a Gatekeeper that gets H.323 calls from a Cisco GW.
To this Gatekeeper I've registered some endpoints, Cisco ATA186, Snom
100, etc.

Now i want send the numbers 083xxx into Asterisk.

Easy, i'll just enter something like this into oh323.conf:

gwprefix=083

And all my calls starting with 083 to my gatekeeper gets routed into
Asterisk context "voip-h323"

For the number 083111, the LocationRequest from Cisco GW to my
Gatekeeper looks like:

    destinationInfo = 1 entries {
      [0]=dialedDigits "083111"
    }

However the fun starts when GnuGK returns a LocationConfirm which
returns
the IP-address to the Asterisk but with the default Ep alias "ASTERISK"

  destinationInfo = 1 entries {
      [0]=h323_ID  8 characters {
        0041 0053 0054 0045 0052 0049 0053 004b   ASTERISK
      }
    }

Which later is the ID sent to Asterisk so i loose the ability to map the
extension.

If i use the following oh323.conf instead:

context=prefixcs
alias=083111
alias=083112
alias=083113
alias=083114

All calls to the above 4 numbers will go inte the context "prefixcs".
However all will have the first registered alias 083111 as destination
number when comming into Asterisk (Cisco GW gets a LCF containing all
numbers
and chooses the first). Which makes any routing hard.

Even if this method would work, i believe there is some sort of limit
on how many alias an endpoint can have? Therefor i'd like to use the
"gwprefix" option.

Do i have to patch the GnuGK to copy back the LRQ-Dest into the LCF if
it's dealing with a Gateway?
This seems a bit harsh, Have i got everything mixed up?

I'm not a H.323 expoert so I don't know if someone is breaking protocol
in
the chain Cisco GW -> GnuGK -> Asterisk.

Anyone with Ideas? Anyone using Asterisk with H323 support in a GW mode?

Regards,

Niclas Gustafsson
CodeSense AB