[Asterisk-Users] ADSI Analogue phones

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 24 08:01:40 MST 2003

>I'm trying to work out whether I want an ADSI phone or not, and in fact,
>whether it is ... useful/works with Asterisk.
Yes, this is the only way right now at a resonable price point to put
a UI for the end user on the asterisk

>I have decided that for the cost/performance of the various IP based
phones,
>I am not interested, I seem to get significantly better quality from a
plain
>analogue phone using the TDM40B card.
Yes, SO True even the grandstream will not allow the same functionality
as athe adsi phones with the softkeys/lcd display, even though it has a
great price point

>Is it beneficial to get an ADSI phone as opposed to a plain old analogue
>phone from the local K-Mart?

YES, I like putting
-Speed Dial Entries on the phone
-assign the soft keys to the various functions like *69, *60 etc
-dialing directories

see this for other needs that just need some time applied
http://www.marko.net/asterisk/archives/0301/0970.html

>What are the options for ADSI capable phones which will work with the
>TDM40B?

Any of the aastra 350, 390, or 480's

>Am I looking in the wrong direction and I just need to get a something else
>enabled phone?
No I have come to this same conclusion at this pt untill a good inexpensive
IP phone with a LCD display comes up this is the best way to add
User Freindly features to a phone so that end uers can have easy access to
the
asterisk features