[asterisk-ss7] Using libss7 to connect to an GMSC or STP

Sverker Abrahamsson sverker at abrahamsson.com
Tue Feb 8 08:37:00 CST 2011

Well, I've been working mostly with SMS and USSD and not so much with the
location parts. To get the location information you could use MAP signaling
depending on what you want to do, the call would  be
MAP-PROVIDE-SUBSCRIBER-Info . Could also be that your carrier provide some
other interface for location based services. I guess you want to be able to
detect if a phone is active in the network or not before setting up call to
it?

To work with MAP you need SCCP, TCAP and MAP protocol layers on top of
libss7, I don't know of any open source implementation of them. I've used
Dialogic's products for that kind of things but it's not easy to work with.

/Sverker