[asterisk-ss7] Using libss7 to connect to an GMSC or STP

mosbah abdelkader mosbah.abdelkader at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 08:48:04 CST 2011

Hi Sverker,

Thank you for your help.

Please see inline.

Well, I’ve been working mostly with SMS and USSD and not so much with the
location parts. To get the location information you could use MAP signaling
depending on what you want to do, the call would  be
MAP-PROVIDE-SUBSCRIBER-Info .

Ok. Clear.

Could also be that your carrier provide some other interface for location
based services. I guess you want to be able to detect if a phone is active
in the network or not before setting up call to it?

Yes, one of the reasons is to detect if the subscriber is active or not. I
need also to have it's location for other purposes.

To work with MAP you need SCCP, TCAP and MAP protocol layers on top of
libss7, I don’t know of any open source implementation of them.

Ok. One open source implementation is OpenSS7.org. But, it is very buggy,
lacks documentation, supported with very expensive costs, ...etc.

I’ve used Dialogic’s products for that kind of things but it’s not easy to
work with.

Ok. I have also worked with Dialogic SS7 stack. We have integrated custom
SCTP and M3UA layers in the Dialogic Stack for a french customer. So, I can
work with it.

Thank you again.

--
BR