[asterisk-ss7] SS7 MAP Support for Asterisk

Amish amish at 3g.co.za
Wed Oct 28 05:51:57 CDT 2009

Hi,

Following on from the previous responses. The simplest configuration you
would require to get the MSC/VLR to talk to the HLR (assuming they do
not support SIGTRAN)), is one where you have a STP or Signalling Gateway
between the two locations.

    |     |___MTP1-3____|\    |     SIGTRAN    |\    |___MTP1-3____|     |

In this case, you would use a protocol like M2PA, between the 2 STPs/SGs.
I am not aware of any open source implementations of M2PA.

Cheers,
Amish