[asterisk-ss7] SS7 MAP Support for Asterisk

Marco Cordeiro marco.cordeiro at globalstar.com.br
Thu Oct 29 13:54:18 CDT 2009

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the reply with the diff files. I'll try to test it as soon as I can.

My only question is how would I specify the IP destination of the incoming signaling thru one of the E1 ports of the Asterisk? Is it in the chan_dahdi.conf ?
How would I manage the config parameters to this exchange between E1 and IP ??

Thanks again,

Marco

>>> Paul Bagyenda <bagyenda at dsmagic.com> 28/10/2009 04:06 >>>
Essentially what you need is the ability to send the signalling traffic over IP, right?

 A while back I posted our initial attempts at getting this in place: http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-ss7@lists.digium.com/msg02760.html

 ( http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-ss7@lists.digium.com/msg02760.html )Essentially the first thing that's needed is M3UA. Attached is a diff and two files to get this to work with libss7. Beyond that you need SCCP (for most MAP that's class 0 and 1, which is easy to add). Not done work on that (yet). Then MAP, decoding/encoding of which is not difficult with the write asn.1 lib/tools.

All the same, here is the m3ua code, perhaps it can serve as a start.