[asterisk-ss7] At what interval should FISUs be sent?

tian00di00 at live.com tian00di00 at live.com
Thu Jul 2 23:06:40 CDT 2009

Thank you Kristian,

But Q.703 does not clearly specify that FISUs should be sent when there is
no other signal
unit available for sending. I searched the document and failed to spot such
statements or similar ones.

The SS7 tutorial from Performance Technology states that: "FISUs are sent
only at predefined timer intervals (e.g., once every 150 milliseconds)."

Please check it at: http://pt.com/page/tutorials/ss7-tutorial/mtp

Refer to the last sentence of the first paragraph under the first figure.