[asterisk-ss7] At what interval should FISUs be sent?

Kristian Nielsen knielsen at knielsen-hq.org
Thu Jul 2 01:58:36 CDT 2009

<tian00di00 at live.com> writes:

> I am reading libss7 source code recently, it seems that libss7 sends FISUs
> at the full speed it can reach. Is it the correct way to do this?
>
> Is there any timer specified by the standard at which FISUs should be sent?

As I understand your question and remember the standard, this is correct.

FISU (fill-in signalling unit) should be sent when there is no other signal
unit available for sending. So the ss7 link is never "idle", which is a
difference to how ISDN work I think.

This is covered in the Q.703 document.

 - Kristian.