[asterisk-ss7] LibSS7 issue

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Sat Sep 13 04:59:40 CDT 2008

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 15:12:50 +0530, Sriram wrote
> Hi
>
> I followed these steps to use libss7
>
> 1. Install Fedora on a box
> 2. svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/branches/1.4.11 zaptel

Zaptel was replaced by DAHDI so you should:
svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/dahdi/linux-complete/trunk/ dahdi
instead and use chan_dahdi not chan_zap

> 3. svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/libss7/trunk libss7
> 4. svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.6.0 asterisk
>  I also installed libpri after installing zaptel (step2)
>
> then i gave make and make install in each of directory but i dont find
chan_zap.so compiled..i searched further and didnt find chan_zap.c at all in
the channels subdirectory inside asterisk directory ...what is the problem ? i
have tried atleast 4-5 times but its the same problem

> Also I  heard Digium recommends only Asterisk 1.2 or 1.4 in production , not
1.6 if thats the case how i do expect the box to be stable  if at all libss7
is installed on it? Also Matthew, need ur recommendation on whether such a
setup is reliable ? Telco-------------->E1 (ss7)----------->Asterisk Libss7
(PBX/IVR Server)---------------> SIP Extensions (operators) under single box ?