[asterisk-ss7] LibSS7 issue

Sriram d_r_sriram at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 13 04:42:50 CDT 2008

Hi

I followed these steps to use libss7

1. Install Fedora on a box
2. svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/branches/1.4.11 zaptel
3. svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/libss7/trunk libss7
4. svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.6.0 asterisk
 I also installed libpri after installing zaptel (step2)

then i gave make and make install in each of directory but i dont find chan_zap.so compiled..i searched further and didnt find chan_zap.c at all in the channels subdirectory inside asterisk directory ....what is the problem ? i have tried atleast 4-5 times but its the same problem

Also I  heard Digium recommends only Asterisk 1.2 or 1.4 in production , not 1.6 if thats the case how i do expect the box to be stable  if at all libss7 is installed on it? Also Matthew, need ur recommendation on whether such a setup is reliable ? Telco-------------->E1 (ss7)----------->Asterisk Libss7 (PBX/IVR Server)---------------> SIP Extensions (operators) under single box ?

Thnks
SRiram