[asterisk-ss7] always see callingpres in * even when CLIR comes from ss7 party

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Fri Jun 27 11:08:14 CDT 2008

Krzysztof Drewicz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i've done a basic ss7 setup with usecallingpres=yes in zapata.conf
> works very good, now whould like to be "just like real telco" and need to
> see the calling presentation  number ever when Restriction is set in
> incoming call by ss7,
>
> i understand, that for example if calling party is restricting it's number
> that last 1,2,3.. digits could be reported as zeros (for example the
> client's PABX do this if clir on demand is  used, to mask the extension, and
> also sets the CLIR bit) but for my client i need first 2-3 numbers, the area
> code from calling number, basic idea is to see if call is coming from one
> region and put that call in queue for that region.
>
> so is there a option for that, or it could be done by few lines of code in
> souce of libss7? (like if CLIR = (CLIR == RESTRICTED ) ? UNRESTRICTED : CLIR
> ) ?

I'm trying to understand what you're asking here.  So you say that when
calling presentation is set to restricted, the incoming call in Asterisk
has the last 3 one up to three digits are reported as 0's in
extensions.conf, and you would like to ignore the calling presentation
indicators to see those digits, so you can route them in the dialplan?

Software/Firmware Engineer
Digium, Inc.