[asterisk-ss7] Warnings when installing dahdi

Christopher (JVM) christopher at jvminfo.com
Tue Aug 19 12:48:01 CDT 2008

No I did not see the message 'Removing Zaptel modules for kernel
2.6.23.14...' all I see are the warnings after the 'INSTALL' statements.
Furthermore, I made sure to remove all zaptel stuff on the server before
installing it. I am thinking that these warnings are due to something else.

I am getting the warnings when doing make, make install with dahdi-tools
before even installing dahdi-kernel. Does it matter which one I install
first ??

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:57:57 -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote
> Christopher (JVM) wrote:
>
> > I am getting kernel warnings when installing dahdi on slackware 12.1
kernel
> > 2.6.23.14.
>
> That means you have Zaptel modules still installed, but they should
> go away when 'make install' is run for DAHDI, since it knows how to remove
> Zaptel modules. In fact, it will even spit out a message like 'Removing
> Zaptel modules for kernel 2.6.23.14...'; do you see that?
>
> > Also does anyone know exactly when a non-beta version of asterisk 1.6
will
> > be released along with a non-trunk version of dahdi ? (Iknow its soon
but I
> > was wondering if anyone knew exactly when).
>
> The tags have been made, the tarballs have been made and signed, we are
> just waiting to complete some testing on Zaptel 1.4.12 before we release
> the whole batch of stuff that is waiting.
>
> --
> Kevin P. Fleming
> Director of Software Technologies
> Digium, Inc. - "The Genuine Asterisk Experience" (TM)

Christopher Srinivasa
VoIP Researcher and Developer / Chercheur et Developpeur VoIP
christopher at jvminfo.com
JVM INFORMATIQUE CANADA INC.
9655-E rue Ignace
Brossard, Quebec, Canada J4Y 2P3