[asterisk-ss7] Asterisk SS7, SG, MG and MGCP

voip me voip.mide at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 06:39:50 CDT 2008

Dear Folks,

Sorry for my ambigouse subject. I want to set the following solution and
need your idea's and experinces. I want to setup an asterisk box with one E1
link containing 4 or 5 SS7 signalling links and have two or three asterisk
boxes each with 8 E1 (voice only) as media gateway. What is your idea's, is
it possible, it seems MGCP is for this case but aa more i look in asterisk
MGCP channel less I get what's its usage. Any one could shed some lights on
this topic, im somehow mixed up. How could I control the media gateway
asterisks to tell them which channel has a call and where it should go?

Regards.
--
MSH