[asterisk-ss7] ss7 newbie

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Aug 14 13:06:27 CDT 2008

Christopher (JVM) wrote:
> If I am only terminating traffic to my carrier and he is not sending me
> any, do I still need a pointcode for myself or can I set things up with
> the his pointcode and the default point code as traffic is only going in
> his direction ?

Anytime you are connected to the SS7 network, you must have a point code
for yourself.  It is how you are addressed.  Think of it as an IP address.

It does not make a lot of sense for you not to have a pointcode, and you
certainly can't do anything with the traffic (regardless if it is just
going in one direction) without one.

Matthew Fredrickson