[asterisk-ss7] installing latest version problems.

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Fri Aug 1 10:27:16 CDT 2008

olivier taylor wrote:
> Okido, it works perfectly again, Thx Matthew, you are the source for SS7.
If you're using a Digium card, you might change your dchan= line to
mtp2= in /etc/system/dahdi.conf for better signalling channel reliability.

Matthew Fredrickson

> Best regards,
>
> Olivier
>
> Matthew Fredrickson a écrit :
>> olivier taylor wrote:
>>> Okido, I have then to uninstall zaptel?
>>>
>>> For dahdi, it's installed, but I am lost with the configurations files.
>>> Previously, I had libss7 working (before the need to use dahdi, and
>>> had no problems.
>>>
>>> Are the zaptel and zapata files similar to dahdi/system.conf and
>>> chan_dahdi.conf?
>>
>> Exact same syntax should get you up and running. Copy
>> /etc/zaptel.conf to /etc/dahdi/system.conf and
>> /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf to /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf.
>>
>> Make sure you also are using a fairly recent version of dahdi (I'd
>> just update it to latest, unless you checked it out less than a week
>> or so ago).
>>
>> Matthew Fredrickson
>>>
>>> When starting, I have now"chan_dahdi.c:12843 linkset_addsigchan:
>>> Invalid networkindicator!"
>>>
>>> Also, as dahdi doesn't start, I have no cli commands, are the ss7
>>> commands replaced by something?
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Olivier
>>>
>>> system.conf :
>>> span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3
>>> bchan=1-15
>>> dchan=16
>>> bchan=17-31
>>>
>>> chan_dahdi.conf :
>>> [channels]
>>> callwaiting=yes
>>> callwaitingcallerid=yes
>>> threewaycalling=yes
>>> transfer=yes
>>> cancallforward=yes
>>> callreturn=yes
>>> echocancel=yes
>>> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
>>> group=1
>>> callgroup=1
>>> pickupgroup=1
>>>
>>> networkindicator=national
>>>
>>> ss7_calling_nai=international
>>> ss7_internationalprefix = 00
>>> ss7_nationalprefix =
>>>

>>> signalling = ss7
>>> ss7type = itu ; or ansi if you are using an ANSI link
>>>
>>> linkset = 1 ; Pick a number for your linkset identifier in
>>> chan_dahdi.conf
>>>
>>> pointcode = 8002
>>> adjpointcode = 3353
>>> defaultdpc = 3353
>>>
>>> cicbeginswith = 1 ; Number to start counting the CICs from. So if
>>> Zap/1 to
>>> channel=1-15 ; Use Zap/1-15 and assign them to CICs 1-15
>>> cicbeginswith = 17 ; Now for Zap/17 to Zap/31, they are CICs 17-31
>>> so we initialize
>>> ; cicbeginswith to 17 before we declare those channels
>>> channel = 17-31 ; This assigns CICs 17-31 to channels 17-31
>>> sigchan = 16 ; This is where you declare which Zap channel is your