[asterisk-ss7] Chan_ss7 national number

Mostafa Ibrahim mostafa.ibrahim at valuesys.net
Mon Dec 10 10:47:49 CST 2007

Hi All,

I am using E1 Digium card installed on a CentOS 5 machine with the
latest stable versions of asterisk and zaptel. I have tested the same
link with libss7 an it is working perfectly. As I am highly interested
in the new clustering features in chan_ss7-1.0. I have installed it
without any problem and the link is now showing that it is inservice.

ss7 link status
linkset siuc, link |1, schannel 1, sls 0, INSERVICE, rx: 5, tx: 2/3,
sentseq/lastack: 29/29, total   3393504,   3393600

I found that the provider is not responding to the GRS messages. and
show linestat is showing:
localhost*CLI> ss7 linestat
Linkset: siuc>
CIC   3 Idle Reset pending
CIC   4 Idle Reset pending
CIC   5 Idle Reset pending
CIC   6 Idle Reset pending
CIC   7 Idle Reset pending
CIC   8 Idle Reset pending
CIC   9 Idle Reset pending
CIC  10 Idle Reset pending
CIC  11 Idle Reset pending
CIC  12 Idle Reset pending
CIC  13 Idle Reset pending
CIC  14 Idle Reset pending
CIC  15 Idle Reset pending
CIC  16 Idle Reset pending
CIC  17 Idle Reset pending
CIC  18 Idle Reset pending
CIC  19 Idle Reset pending
CIC  20 Idle Reset pending
CIC  21 Idle Reset pending
CIC  22 Idle Reset pending
CIC  23 Idle Reset pending
CIC  24 Idle Reset pending
CIC  25 Idle Reset pending
CIC  26 Idle Reset pending
CIC  27 Idle Reset pending
CIC  28 Idle Reset pending
CIC  29 Idle Reset pending
CIC  30 Idle Reset pending
CIC  31 Idle Reset pending
CIC  32 Idle Reset pending

I think there is no problem with the GRS issue. However when I try to
call to my system from outside I got the following message on the
console without the channel being answered although I am handing any
incoming call to any extension.

[Dec 11 02:32:34] NOTICE[12554]: isup.c:489 decode_isup_phonenum:
National (significant) or unknown nature of address indicator (1),
assuming international.

when I opened the source code of isup.c I found that this has something
to do with the phone number format.

I can send a pcap file as an output from the ss7 dump if needed.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Mostafa Ibrahim
Security Department Manager
ValueSyS