[asterisk-ss7] how to install Asterisk-ss7 & libss7

Wasim Baig wasim at convergence.com.pk
Tue Oct 17 00:33:13 MST 2006

apc is for the "next hop router" on an ss7 network, its what your sp talks
to ...

umar, it is my recommendation that you read up on ss7 on google ...

i'm sure you'll agree that instead of the developers spending time with
basic info questions
we need them to be concentrating on MUCH more crtiical things,

ss7 is not trivial in the best of worlds and we're just starting out here
with it ...

i'm available on IRC and otherwise if you need basic guidance at anytime

-wasim

On 10/17/06, umar tarar <umar.tarar at gmail.com> wrote:

> well yes it was a copy/paste error, but i think i should correct the 2nd
> entry of 'djpointcode=' to 'defaultdpc=' rather than 'adjpointcode=', or if
> i am wrong then plz describe to me what is 'adjpointcode=' for? (by the way,
> tell me about 'adjpointcode=' anyway)
>
> On 10/17/06, Matt Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com> wrote:
> >
> > First of all, it looks like you are either loading chan_zap.so twice, or
> > you have something else that has tried to open the zap channels (maybe
> > chan_ss7.so?).  So you need to get that straightened out.  I would remove
> > the contents of /usr/lib/asterisk/modules and do a make install from your
> > asterisk-trunk directory again.  Second, your lines in your zapata.confthat are supposed to be adjpointcode= look like they are set to djpointcode=
> > instead (Unless that was a copy/paste error).  That would be the reason it
> > is failing at that point.
> >
> > Matthew Fredrickson
> >
> > ----- umar tarar <umar.tarar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > yes u r right, & i myself had discovered this prob, & i infact posted
> > > two further posts after the one that u(Matt.) responded, but don't
> > > know y did'nt those two posts get on to the asterisk-ss7 lists right
> > > after my previouse post. ok here r those:
> > >
> > > ############post-1############
> > > lately i've discovered that after compiling asterisk-trunk, i dont
> > > have any chan_zap.so file in my /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/, that is y
> > > asterisk while running is unable to load the chan_zap.so & because of
> > > it, it do not do anything about zap, ....am i right?
> > > if yes then what should i do to correctly compile the asterisk-trunk
> > > to get the chan_zap.so (i already have tried make & make install twice
> > > but did'nt get chan_zap.so both times in my
> > > /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/, though chan_zap.c is present in
> > > asterisk-trunk folder)
> > > #############################
> > >
> > > ###########post-2#############
> > > okay Matt.! now some how after fixing that chan_zap.so prob (by
> > > rechecking once again all the three packages), now when i run the
> > > asterisk with forcefully loading the chan_zap.so modules by loading it
> > > into modules.conf , it gives the following error about djpointcode &
> > > sigchan as;
> > >
> > > ------------CLI eror log-----------------
> > > .
> > > .
> > > [ Oct 14 07:28:18 ] NOTICE[4070]: loader.c:793 load_modules: 1 modules
> > > will be loaded.
> > > == Registered application 'ZapSendKeypadFacility'
> > > == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf': Found
> > > [ Oct 14 07:28:18 ] ERROR[4070]: chan_zap.c:11272 linkset_addsigchan:
> > > Unspecified adjpointcode!
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > res_features.so => (Call Features Resource)
> > > == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/smdi.conf': Found
> > > [ Oct 14 07:28:18 ] WARNING[4070]: res_smdi.c:726 load_module: No SMDI
> [...]

wasim h. baig | principal consultant | convergence pk | +92(300)8508070