[asterisk-ss7] MTP2 CRC errors resulting in flapping link

Kai Militzer km at westend.com
Thu Jul 6 07:51:41 MST 2006

Hello everyone.

Kai Militzer wrote:
>> 2) replace entire server with something new that is known to work well,
>> does not have shared interrupt issues like many Dells were reported to
>> have and has PCI 2.2 slots

> That would be an idea, but it involes a lot of work and downtime. This
> will only be my last resort.

I replaced the Hardware. No help. That's what I asked on #asterisk in
IRC. maybe one of you can explain this:

OK people, I need your thouhts. I have a TE205P card for use with
chan_ss7 in a Server with a P4 3GHz. Over the last few weeks the MTP2
CRC-Errors (MTP2 is one layer above the E1-Layer) with this increased
because the zaptel input and output buffers were full or empty or both.
This resulted in a complete disfunction of chan_ss7 (no ss7 links could
be started). I then tested the card with a cross-cable and zaptel -> No
problem. Cross cable and chan_ss7 -> doesn't work. Another server with a
P4 1.8GHz-> same problem. And now the miracle. Another server with a AMD
XP 2000 -> it work's without errors with a cross cable

... Any thoughts on that? The thing that bothers me is, that it worked
once and the CRC-errors increased over time. Otherwise I would have
blamed the P4

Best regards,
Kai

--
Kai Militzer                 WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                      CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller