[asterisk-speech-rec] support for vxml and abnf grammar

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Apr 18 08:42:23 CDT 2010

nik600 wrote:

> I've read some mails about Asterisk and Lumenvox now, so i was looking
> for some user experience...isn't this the correct place to talk about
> speech and Asterisk?

It is indeed, and you'll likely get very good answers when you ask
specific questions. Your initial post was asking general questions about
how to proceed with getting VXML support for Asterisk, and so I pointed
you to some resources. You are correct in that VXML is not the only tool
you'll need if your application also requires TTS and ASR, but not all
VXML applications use those functions so I didn't assume you'd need them.

There are a couple of ASR platforms available that integrate easily with
Asterisk (Lumenvox and Vestec), and there is a high quality TTS platform
(Cepstral) that also integrates with Asterisk. There are other platforms
that can be be used with Asterisk as well.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com