[asterisk-speech-rec] How does one tell the difference between numbers and letters - Lumenvox

David Merel david.merel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 17:31:20 CDT 2008

So I have a Grammar file where I am trying to combine letters and numbers so
that people can speak a model number of a MAC address of a network device
into the phone.

Problem is 8 and A are commonly being mixed up, even with the speech tuner
it doesnt seem to be too accurate, is there any way in the grammar file to
further enhance a Letters recognition?

Here is a small example, btw for example you will see below I added "Ay" not
sure if that even valid, but with or without I am getting the same accuracy
issues.

$Digit = (ONE:"1"        |
          TWO:"2"        |
          THREE:"3"      |
          FOUR:"4"       |
          FIVE:"5"       |
          SIX:"6"        |
          SEVEN:"7"      |
          EIGHT:"8"      |
          NINE:"9"       |
          (ZERO | O):"0" );

$A = (A|Ay):"A";
$B = (B|bee):"B";
$C = (C|see):"C";
$D = (D|dee):"D";

$Y = (Yankee $GARBAGE|
Young|Why):"Y";

Any help would be great

Fyi, I am working with Lumenvox Speech Engine