[asterisk-speech-rec] Pizza Demo Problems

Ed Holloway edh at field2base.com
Mon Mar 26 12:30:11 MST 2007

Thanks Chris!  I followed the readme instructions below, and there is no
mention of order-pizza going into the extensions_custom.conf, only in
the extensions.conf.  Should I make the change there instead?

Thanks again!
-Ed

>From ReadMe.txt included in Pizza Sample Zip:
The two conf files in the PizzaConfOnAsterisk directory should be placed
in the /etc/asterisk directory. Modify extensions_custom.conf to add the
line "#include pizza_demo.conf" this will in effect cause this dial plan
to be included and loaded when the extentions are loaded.  Now, modify
the extensions.conf default section  by adding these lines "include =>
custom-pizza" and "exten => s,1,Goto(custom-pizza,s,1)".

> When I dial the extension from the IVR

<snip>

> I then get a reorder (fast busy) tone, and asterisk hangs up, and the
> logging stops.

I had the same problem. Peter Retief, a new member of the mailing list,
wrote me this morning with the fix. There's a typo in the Readme.txt
file that comes with the demo. In extensions_custom.conf, change
"order-pizza" to "pizza". The problem is that SpeechCreate needs to be
called before SpeechActivateGrammar.

The contents of this e-mail message may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, copying, distribution or other use of the contents of this message or any attachment by you is strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone (919-462-8500), and please delete this message and all attachments from your system. Thank you.

READER BEWARE: Unencrypted, unauthenticated Internet e-mail is inherently insecure. Internet messages may be corrupted or incomplete, or may incorrectly identify the sender. Please contact me if you wish to arrange for more secure communication or to authenticate this message.