[asterisk-speech-rec] lumenvox and 64bit

rristroph at airlink.net rristroph at airlink.net
Mon Jan 22 16:51:28 MST 2007

Hi,
     I noted someone earlier this month posting about lumenvox not working with 64bit OS.  I have Fedora Core 4 on an x86_64 and I also had problems getting res_speech_lumenvox.so to load:

Jan 22 16:40:21 VERBOSE[19924] logger.c:  [res_speech_lumenvox.so]Jan 22 16:40:21 WARNING[
19924] loader.c: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_speech_lumenvox.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLA
SS32
Jan 22 16:40:21 WARNING[19924] loader.c: Loading module res_speech_lumenvox.so failed!

   The "file" command shows me that res_speech_lumenvox.so is a 32bit ELF format but asterisk and the other modules are 64bit.

    Do I need to re-install the whole system as 32bit, or is it sufficient to only re-compile asterisk to be 32bit ?  If so, how do I edit the asterisk makefile to force it to compile in 32bit mode ?

   Is there any chance of a res_speech_lumenvox.so that is compile for x86_64 becoming available ?  Re-installing this server would be a lot of work, and probaby require getting a new License.bts file made, etc.

--Rob