[asterisk-speech-rec] Problems loading grammer 'order' on Pizzademo example CRM:00171044

missivestoadrian-vxml at yahoo.com missivestoadrian-vxml at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 11:03:56 MST 2007

Hi Stephen:

Thanks for pointing that out; I was pretty sure I
copied all the pizza-demo files into their appropriate
location in /etc/asterisk, but I must have missed that
one. Now, the error goes away and asterisk reports all
the  grammars being properly loaded at startup.
However, now I have a second problem. When the system
asks for “delivery or take-out” it does not seem to
recognize my speech (i.e. after a certain delay, the
system simply repeats the  “delivery or take-out”
options over again and asks me to choose). I spent a
lot of time trying to figure this out, but I'm suck
again. I hope I'm not doing anything too dumb, but I'm
not sure how to debug it further. This is what I've
done:

1.I'm running asterisk 1.4 on Fedora 6 and dialing in
from a remote machine using a SIP phone.

2.I have checked that the SIP phone audio channel is
working properly. Just to be sure, I created a
separate asterisk test dialplan to echo back my voice.
I'm using the ulaw codec. The voice quality is
reasonable.

3.I have confirmed that the license_server and
LVSE_SERVER are up and running. The LV* environment
variables all seem to be set to their proper values.

4. There is activity generated in the SRE_Log.txt file
when I run the demo, so it appears that something  is
happening. There are no errors reported during
asterisk startup, nor /var/log/asterisk, nor
/opt/lumenvox/engine_7.5/bin/Logs.

5.I temporarily set save_sound_files to 'yes' in
lumenvox.conf and did confirm that .callsre files are
being saved in the /opt/lumenvox/engine_7.5/Lang
directory. So basically, I'm pretty sure that asterisk
is talking to the speech engine.

Anyway, I'm stuck and I'm not sure what the next
debugging step should be.  Any additional help or
suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Warm regards,
Adrian

--- Stephen Keller <StephenKeller at LumenVox.com> wrote:

> > I'm running asterisk 1.4 with Lumenvox 7.5 (on
> Fedora 6). I'm
> > also getting the error:
> >
> > res_speech_lumenvox.c:441 lumenvox_activate:
> Grammer 'order'
> > could not be found and thsu could not be
> activated.
> >
> > when running Pizza demo example. I have confirmed
> that my
> > grammers are in /etc/asterisk/grammars (including
> order.gram).
>
> > Does anybody else happen to have other solutions
> to this
> > problem? The lumenvox.conf file has the path
> > directory=/etc/asterisk/grammars/directory.gram in
> the
> > gammars section. Should this be changed to
> something else?
>
> It depends on how you are calling it from the
> dialplan. The default
> dialplan included with the pizza demo assumes you're
> specifying the full
> path to the grammar in lumenvox.conf (if you use the
> lumenvox.conf
> included in the pizza demo archive it should have
> the paths by default).
>
> You would need to add:
>
> order=/etc/asterisk/grammars/order.gram
>
> To your lumenvox.conf file to work with the default
> dialplan included
> with the pizza demo. The other option would be to
> modify the dial plan
> to include the full path when you load it, e.g.

SpeechLoadGrammar(order|/etc/asterisk/grammars/order.gram)