[asterisk-speech-rec] Pizza demo audio prompts don't play past delivery or takeout?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Dec 14 20:13:12 MST 2006

Steve Prior wrote:
> I've just installed the Lumenvox starter on my trixbox 1.2.3
> installation and installed the pizza demo to get started.  I think
> I'm really close, but not quite there yet.  When I dial into the demo
> I hear the intro and get as far as the delivery or takeout question, but
> don't hear any prompts after that.  I've got an asterisk console running
> in a window which shows that the recognition is working pretty well (I
> can see it correctly selecting thin crust for example), I just can't
> hear the prompts.  I'm trying this on a phone connected to a FXS port on
> a TDM400P and the intro recording is a little loud, but not crazy.
> The file permissions on the sound files appear correct.  The sound comes
> back if I get all the way through placing the order - the order summary
> gets played correctly.
>
> Any ideas?  My first guess would be that the background noise is high
> enough that it's cutting off the prompts, but then I wouldn't expect the
> recognition to be as good as it is.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Steve

Hiya Steve,

The issue has already been fixed in the 1.2 patch distributed with the
Lumenvox connector and in the 1.4 and trunk branches. Trixbox may be
including an older version where the issue still exists. You may want to
see if they have an update available, or make it known to them that this
has been fixed and should be included. It's a simple change and can be
seen in revision 45106 for 1.4.

Good luck!

--
Joshua Colp