[asterisk-speech-rec] Pizza demo audio prompts don't play past delivery or takeout?

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Thu Dec 14 19:43:49 MST 2006

I've just installed the Lumenvox starter on my trixbox 1.2.3
installation and installed the pizza demo to get started.  I think
I'm really close, but not quite there yet.  When I dial into the demo
I hear the intro and get as far as the delivery or takeout question, but
don't hear any prompts after that.  I've got an asterisk console running
in a window which shows that the recognition is working pretty well (I
can see it correctly selecting thin crust for example), I just can't
hear the prompts.  I'm trying this on a phone connected to a FXS port on
a TDM400P and the intro recording is a little loud, but not crazy.
The file permissions on the sound files appear correct.  The sound comes
back if I get all the way through placing the order - the order summary
gets played correctly.

Any ideas?  My first guess would be that the background noise is high
enough that it's cutting off the prompts, but then I wouldn't expect the
recognition to be as good as it is.

Any ideas?

Steve