[hydra-dev] Proposed Supported Platforms

Jakub Klausa J.Klausa at SS7.PL
Mon Jun 7 14:51:03 CDT 2010

On 2010-06-07, at 21:44, Marc Blanchet wrote:

> one of the key point to me is the support of hardware by Hydra. My
> asterisk life is much more VoIP and much much less PRI these days. So
> without any hardware, then freebsd shall be well supported. But if
> people see running hydra with PRI hardware, then freebsd primary support
> is less important, since I guess you would not support freebsd hardware
> drivers.

I beg to differ. There's the dahdi for FreeBSD, and it should stay that
way with hydra (if hydra would do any TDM related task at all).

The best effort support for FreeBSD with hydra is still better then not
having support at all, and i think just from the marketing point of view
even though we're told hydra isn't asterisk 2, people will compare those
things, and a lost supported platform may be a disadvantage for some.

So in essence - if we can get FreeBSD supported, with reasonable effort,
we probably should.

--
Jakub Klausa | +48 509 032 888 | j.klausa at ss7.pl | http://www.ss7.pl/
Dane rejestrowe -> http://kontakt.ss7.pl