[asterisk-r2] Hang up after 5 to 10 minutes of call

Leon Ramos leon.ramos at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 12:36:54 CDT 2016

Hi guys!

Thank you for doublechecking the trace! As everybody expected, there was a
timeout configured in the system.

[2016-10-07 11:28:42] NOTICE[17513]: chan_sip.c:29115 check_rtp_timeout:
Disconnecting call 'SIP/2188-000080f9' for lack of RTP activity in 301
seconds

It is related to the SIP leg of the call, and it arised only when a call is
in MOH. This is present in Complete PBX version 3.x, not sure about the 4.x
default settings.

Doing a quick search I found two interesting options:

   - *rtptimeout
   <http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sip+rtptimeout>* = seconds
   : Terminate call if x seconds of no RTP activity when we're not on hold.
   Valid only in [general] section and *type=peer*.
   - *rtpholdtimeout
   <http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sip+rtpholdtimeout>* =
   seconds : Terminate call if x seconds of no RTP activity when we're on hold
   (must be larger than rtptimeout). Valid only in [general] section and
   *type=peer*.

I hope this helps and thanks again!

Leon Ramos

León Ramos,