[asterisk-r2] Can we know why a call hasn't completed ?

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 15:43:23 CDT 2009

Hi Paulo,

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Paulo C P Emerique <
paulo at esensesistemas.com.br> wrote:

>  Hi all, the point is we're in Brazil, our customer is on a Telefonica E1,
> running asterisk 1.4 + openR2 ... when we call an invalid number, we get a
> voice message from Telefonica saying the number is not valid.

As you said, you get an audio message. That means the audio path was already
setup and from MFCR2 point of view the call was answered :-)

> We'd like to have this info available to our app, which is originating call
> thru AGI ... so the point is: if this information is usually sent thru E1
> ... and if true, how can we handle it.

May be you can ask your telco to send you "Unallocated number" tone signal
(which I think is tone number 7) instead of accepting the call and sending
you that audio message that you currently hear, in that case the hangup
cause could be used from the dial plan.

--
Moises Silva
Software Developer