[asterisk-r2] Problem patching Asterisk 1.6.0.6

Anton Krall akrall at intruder.com.mx
Thu Jun 25 22:18:56 CDT 2009

Alexandre, I couldn't agree with you more. For the guys that are coming here
as newbie's asking for help installing openr2, they SHOULD read the manuals
and also they need some knowledge about asterisk, compiling, and debugging
C. That's more than true.... I also hate it when people keep asking the same
questions over and over...

But, my post was more related to the more advanced guys that already have it
working and find bugs or have questions regarding its day to day use and
errors... As we all know, r2 protocol is somehow obsolete in some countries
and us guys that are stuck with r2 depend a lot on openr2 and use it daily
and that's why I always try to report bugs to Moises as soon as I see them.

But on the other hand, I know that Moises as well as others have daytime
jobs and cant get their hands on everything as fast as we would like them
to, and that's why I said that maybe some $$ incentive besides giving
feedback on bugs might help on bug fix times.

I know that any open souce developer in time, gets filled with feature
requests or bug fix requests and they do tend to get fed up... Most of the
time they start their project out of a proof of concept idea or just for the
heck of it... But when your baby gets out in the world and people start
using it, you do have a certain duty to maintain it properly...but hey, some
$$ never hurt anybody and might make you feel a bit more ³compelled² to
answer fixes faster.

In the end, we all have to put food on the table and hobbies dont do that,
work does... So why not besides helping Moises on the project, show are
appreciation for his time spent in some other ways.

I do have access to a lot of E1 from many companies in Mexico and would
gladly work with Moises at nights testing them (cant do it on daytime
because they are on prod). I don't know r2 that well but know my way around
a bit of C, enough to debug some stuff but I'm one hell of a tester :) and
very thorough on my reporting :)

Just my $.2

Anton Krall
Direccion General

Intruder Consulting
A Division of IntruderEnterprises S.A. de C.V.
www.Intruder.com.mx
www.IntruderStore.com.mx

Tel. 3872-2200 ext. 201
Tel. 01-800-INTRUDER (01-800-468-7833)
Email: akrall at intruder.com.mx

Disclaimer - Junio 25, 2009
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for asterisk-r2 at lists.digium.com. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Intruder Consulting. Warning: Although Intruder Consulting has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.