[asterisk-r2] Problem patching Asterisk 1.6.0.6

Arturo Ochoa arturo.era at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 14:00:17 CDT 2009

Just a comment,

I think I understand the point that Moy is making, while he has been
investing time and effort on creating a good piece of software, other
people just use it and make profit of it, but never return the favor,
and what is worst... every time end user has problems, the first thing
to do is write to the mailing list, expecting to get the direction to
fix it...

I think people like myself who has been using this kind of software,
should take care of the problems my our own, simple because we are not
sharing profits of even time to the development or documentation of
the software.... In particular, I have been installing Unicall and now
OpenR2, and every time I got a problem... I've tried to spend the time
and take all the troubleshooting steps I know (reading on Internet),
and when there's nothing more to do... well maybe it's time to get
external help... but having the clear idea that other people may o may
not have the time to give some guidelines to fix the problem.

I know I'm wrong on not sharing what I've done... that's something I
want to change... and that's why I'm starting to write on the mailing
list, and not just reading...

Maybe it's just what Moy it's expecting... that other people help him....

Ing Arturo Ochoa