[asterisk-r2] forcing asterisk to accept e1r2 calls without ANI

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 08:53:03 CST 2009

Good news. Just for you to know, the upcoming openr2 release will
include that change directly in the code so you will no longer need
the r2proto.conf file.

The advanced options are documented (kind of) in doc/r2proto.conf in
the openr2 distribution directory. The mfcr2_xx options in zapata.conf
are documented in configs/zapata.conf.sample in my  Asterisk branch.
Most of the time the options in zapata.conf.sample are enough, and
r2proto.conf is really just meant to work as temporary solutions or
hacks until a proper fix is made in the openr2 distribution itself.

Let me know if you have any further issue.

Moy

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Demian Biscocho <demian at vicidialnow.com> wrote:
> Moy,
>
> Following your instructions, calls without ANI specifically those operator
>
> assisted calls are coming in to our Asterisk box now. Thanks a lot for the
>
> help. By the way, do you have any links or documentation for the advanced
>
> configuration parameters or options for mfrc-r2(like the one below)?
>
> On Wednesday 07 January 2009, Moises Silva wrote:
>
>> OK, it seems they are sending ANI restricted, but openr2 is not
>
>> accepting that for the Philippines variant. I think does not hurt to
>
>> accept it for all variants so I will add it as if were an ITU spec. In
>
>> the meantime I'd like your feedback, try the following:
>

>> 1. create a file /etc/asterisk/r2proto.conf with this content:
>

>> mf_g1_tones.caller_ani_is_restricted=C
>

>> Nothing more, nothing less, no spaces, just 1 line.
>

>> 2. In your zapata.conf add this new mfcr2 line:
>

>> mfcr2_advanced_protocol_file=/etc/asterisk/r2proto.conf
>

>> You can add that line just below mfcr2_variant.
>

>> Then restart asterisk and try again.
>

>> Tell us if it work.
>

>> Moy
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Demian A. Biscocho
>
> Chief Technology Officer
>
> VNow Inc
>
> http://www.vnowinc.com
>
> Lead Developer
>
> VicidialNOW open source project
>
> http://www.vicidialnow.org
>
> Linux User 121825 (http://counter.li.org)
>
> US mobile: 1 2062036815
>
> PH mobile: 63 9172491537

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the
death your right to say it." Voltaire