[asterisk-r2] Sending DTMF 'f' ?

Amilcar Silvestre amilcar at vonix.com.br
Fri Apr 3 15:21:13 CDT 2009

Hi Moises,

The problem with the 'f' DTMF received (an consequent block of audio)
is a problem in the new release of the wanpipe drivers.

The version 3.3.16 of wanpipe introduces the follow feature:
  AFT HWEC
   Hardware DTMF detection now detects FAX tones as well,
   and passes then up to Zaptel/Asterisk

For some reason, if I enable the hw dtmf detection using 3.3.16, the
messages "rtp.c: Don't know how to represent 'f'" starts to happen in
the middle of the call, wrongly detecting a FAX tone.

3.3.15 works ok. And this happens with R2 or PRI systems as well.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Amilcar.