[asterisk-ha-clustering] Wanted: High-Available and reliable MySQL Back-end for Asterisk

Watkins, Bradley Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com
Thu Feb 9 12:05:58 CST 2012

Hi Oli,

What in particular are you looking to test?  I am currently successfully running a 3-node Galera cluster that is the backend storage for an enterprise-level VoIP platform that includes several Asterisk nodes in various roles (ACD, IVR, voicemail).  The Galera nodes are being load-balanced via LVS/ldirectord.  One thing to note, however, is that within each role we have pairs of servers that are running in active/passive.  So the one potential issue with Galera of writing to the same rows and getting deadlocks is not an issue in my environment.  I suspect that if that situation were to arise Asterisk would be less than graceful as is the case with many other applications.

Regards,
- Brad

http://www.compuware.com/