[asterisk-ha-clustering] asterisk-ha-clustering Digest, Vol 25, Issue 2

Oli Sennhauser oli.sennhauser at fromdual.com
Mon Feb 13 05:48:30 CST 2012

Hello Bradley,

> What in particular are you looking to test?  I am currently successfully running a 3-node Galera cluster that is the backend storage for an enterprise-level VoIP platform that includes several Asterisk nodes in various roles (ACD, IVR, voicemail).  The Galera nodes are being load-balanced via LVS/ldirectord.  One thing to note, however, is that within each role we have pairs of servers that are running in active/passive.  So the one potential issue with Galera of writing to the same rows and getting deadlocks is not an issue in my environment.  I suspect that if that situation were to arise Asterisk would be less than graceful as is the case with many other applications.

As you already found out yourself Galera is not perfect in every use
case. Especially if you have concurrency on the same rows from different
nodes (the deadlocks you mentioned).

We are database people and we have not much clue what applications are
doing with our systems. If you say you run Asterisk already successful
with Galera-Cluster this is already a good sign.

Currently we see more and more interest of VoIP/Asterisk users in MySQL
Galera-Cluster. Thus we want to make sure we understand the use case
better and that Galera does not show any pain in this set-up.

So what we are basically interested in is to learn how you are using
Asterisk with Galera (Master/Slave or as you call it active/passive we
have already learned). But there are for sure some more things you can
tell us.

At the end we would like to see some user success story or similar
coming out...

If you are willing to share more information with us, please let me know
(privately if you like).

Thanks and best regards,
Oli

--

FromDual - Vendor independent and neutral MySQL consulting.

Oli Sennhauser                    CEO / Senior Consultant
Phone: +41 44 940 24 82           Mobile: +41 79 830 09 33
oli.sennhauser at fromdual.com       http://www.fromdual.com
Skype: fromdual                   Yahoo: fromdual