[asterisk-ha-clustering] Wanted: High-Available and reliable MySQL Back-end for Asterisk

Oli Sennhauser oli.sennhauser at fromdual.com
Thu Feb 9 03:13:06 CST 2012

Hello all,

We have seen up to know that MySQL was used in a Master-Master
Replication Set-up for HA Asterisk back-ends. Master-Master Replication
has limited scalability and causes some troubles with fail-over and data
inconsistencies.

Now we want to test how Asterisk behaves with MySQL synchronous
multi-Master Replication and Galera (http://codership.com/).

Added benefits with Galera replication is that Asterisk servers can
write to any MySQL Server in the Cluster and:

* does Synchronous Replication
* uses InnoDB tables
* is an active-active real multi-Master topology
* does automatic membership control
* is true parallel Replication on row level
* has no Slave lag
* does not loose transactions
* scales reading and writing

Galera Cluster can be used in a LAN or a WAN!

We are a database company and have no clue about Asterisk and VoIP. Thus
we are looking for somebody who wants to test this set-up together with us.

Please let me know when you are interested so we can figure out the
details. Thanks for volunteering!

Best regards,
Oli

--

FromDual - Vendor independent and neutral MySQL consulting.

Oli Sennhauser                    CEO / Senior Consultant
Phone: +41 44 940 24 82           Mobile: +41 79 830 09 33
oli.sennhauser at fromdual.com       http://www.fromdual.com
Skype: fromdual                   Yahoo: fromdual