[asterisk-ha-clustering] Active/Standby call interruption durring failover

Marcin J. Kowalczyk marcin.kowalczyk at ccig.pl
Tue Jun 17 08:54:18 CDT 2008

C. Mylonas (Mr VoIP) pisze:
> I wondered about this as well - the way I thought it could happen is
> if there was a voip gatway/proxy where all the media was passing
> through, and to detect the hangup on the near-end server before
> hanging up the remote end.
I wonder if there is way to do clustering as siemens does in
hiQ4200/8000 soft switch. Siemens uses Active/Active ha (Veritas cluster
or Prime Cluster depending on SW release). Both nodes are running two
sip proxy managers - one active second standby (sip manager process). In
case of failover running node takes IP of failed one and spare sip
manager process takes care about all trafic. No calls are terminated
durring failover.
Is it possible to have same solution with asterisk or asterisk + openser?