[asterisk-ha-clustering] Active/Standby call interruption durring failover

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Tue Jun 17 09:05:37 CDT 2008

El Martes, 17 de Junio de 2008 14:54, Marcin J. Kowalczyk escribió:
> C. Mylonas (Mr VoIP) pisze:
> > I wondered about this as well - the way I thought it could happen is
> > if there was a voip gatway/proxy where all the media was passing
> > through, and to detect the hangup on the near-end server before
> > hanging up the remote end.
>
> I wonder if there is way to do clustering as siemens does in
> hiQ4200/8000 soft switch. Siemens uses Active/Active ha (Veritas cluster
> or Prime Cluster depending on SW release). Both nodes are running two
> sip proxy managers - one active second standby (sip manager process). In
> case of failover running node takes IP of failed one and spare sip
> manager process takes care about all trafic. No calls are terminated
> durring failover.
> Is it possible to have same solution with asterisk or asterisk + openser?

No, because Asterisk have no module that let it "share" important information
about stablished calls.
Also if Asterisk is mananing any kind of TDM card not running in SS7 mode,
it's also impossible.

It's supposed that on Asterisk 1.6 changes have been introduced to support
some kind of clustering but I don't know how it will work

--
Saludos.

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual S.L.