[asterisk-ha-clustering] Active/Standby call interruption durring failover

C. Mylonas (Mr VoIP) chris at mrvoip.com.au
Tue Jun 17 08:29:56 CDT 2008

I wondered about this as well - the way I thought it could happen is if
there was a voip gatway/proxy where all the media was passing through, and
to detect the hangup on the near-end server before hanging up the remote
end.

In the interim, you'd have to give an announcement or something.

My $0.02
CM

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Leif Madsen <leif at leifmadsen.com> wrote:

> 2008/6/17 Marcin J. Kowalczyk <marcin.kowalczyk at ccig.pl>:
> >  I have configured Asterisk failover with floating IP (heartbeat), shared
> > /etc/asterisk /var/lib/asterisk/ /var/spool/asterik via drbd between two
> > nodes.
> >  When I do failover Active -> Passive (eg reboot nodeA) I lose calls
> which
> > are managed by * (ex on wait extenesion). I've tried to setup following
> in
> > sip.conf:
>

> I don't understand... are you trying to make it so that you can have a
> server fail and not lose the active calls? I don't think that is
> possible...
>
> Leif.

Kind Regards,
Chris Mylonas