[asterisk-ha-clustering] Load sharing between two asterisk servers

Allan Cassaro allan.cassaro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 06:23:57 CST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 9:01 AM, Ricardo Carvalho <rjcarvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> My scenario is like this:
>
> * one production machine
> * one hot standby machine
> * MySQL Replication between both servers in Master/Master configuration for
> CDR and Realtime SIP
> * VRRP (running by the keepalived daemon) to share the same IP address which
> is set in SRV records of the DNS of the domain served by the Asterisk. Since
> asterisk daemon of both machines binds that virtual IP address, when the hot
> standby machine assumes production, by that time keepalived daemon starts
> asterisk automatically in that machine.
>
> * Since clients registration information isn't shared between servers
> because it is kept in AstDB and not in the MySQL (which is replicated
> between those two machines), I made one script that reboots all phones
> (about 300) that my site have so that they re-register when they go up. But
> this is a bad solution, the best thing would be to share registration
> information between both servers. Which one would be the best for me? What
> would you recommend? I was planning to use DRDB to replicate AstDB
> registration information but since I read in this thread it is only
> unidirectional, it already seams not to be so good idea... can and should
> DUNDI be used in my scenario?

Well, do you have a active/passive asterisk cluster, right? There's no
problem to use DRDB/Rsync/Whatever in this solution. The
"unidirectional" issue is bad for active/active clusters.

I don't see a (really good) reason to use DUNDi in your scenario...
maybe share cpu power for meetme or share zap channels...

Regards.