[asterisk-ha-clustering] Load sharing between two asterisk servers

Ricardo Carvalho rjcarvalho at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 05:01:47 CST 2008

My scenario is like this:

* one production machine
* one hot standby machine
* MySQL Replication between both servers in Master/Master configuration for
CDR and Realtime SIP
* VRRP (running by the keepalived daemon) to share the same IP address which
is set in SRV records of the DNS of the domain served by the Asterisk. Since
asterisk daemon of both machines binds that virtual IP address, when the hot
standby machine assumes production, by that time keepalived daemon starts
asterisk automatically in that machine.

* Since clients registration information isn't shared between servers
because it is kept in AstDB and not in the MySQL (which is replicated
between those two machines), I made one script that reboots all phones
(about 300) that my site have so that they re-register when they go up. But
this is a bad solution, the best thing would be to share registration
information between both servers. Which one would be the best for me? What
would you recommend? I was planning to use DRDB to replicate AstDB
registration information but since I read in this thread it is only
unidirectional, it already seams not to be so good idea... can and should
DUNDI be used in my scenario?

Regards,
Ricardo Carvalho.