[asterisk-ha-clustering] Asterisk and openSER Dispatcher Load Balancer

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:39:33 CST 2008

Hi All,

Playing around again with openSER and Asterisk.  I'm using 2 openser
servers with the dispatcher modules to do a simple round robin load
balancer to Asterisk dial plan servers.

So a call from Asterisk goes to ser1/ser2, I'm using the ChanIsAvail
cmd in asterisk to check the availability of ser1/ser2, it doesn't
work correctly.  If ser1 goes off-line, asterisk still passes the call
ser1 for 55 seconds before sending calls to ser2.

Is there a a routine that can positively identify that ser1 is offline
and send the call to ser2?

Thanks.

JR
--