[asterisk-ha-clustering] Load sharing between two asterisk servers

marek cervenka cervajs at fpf.slu.cz
Wed Jan 16 11:09:46 CST 2008

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 09:08:00PM +0200, Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 wrote:
>>> Well, I don't use AstDB. All operations that need a database I use the
>>> "MYSQL" command. Everything is loaded into a remote mysql (cluster)
>>> shared between asterisks boxes.
>>> Yes I know, asterisk put some internal info/control into astdb, but
>>> this never has a trouble for me...
>>
>> This is the information that makes me troubles :-(
>>
>> When a phone registers on one server the registration status is written by
>> Asterisk to AstDB. Phones registerd to the other server doesn't have the
>> registration status of this phone thus cannot call it. If I can make the AstDB
>> synscronized between the two servers or direct it to MySQL then I can use both
>> servers in Active/Active mode.
>
> You are wrong, if a phone is registered with one Asterisk server, you
> could not call it from the other one by simple duplication of the
> register information on the second server and if it run to you, your
> phone are extremly wrong configured, because when a phone register
> with a server, it should only receive signaling from that server.

this is imho clear to Yehavi. Unique IP address is precondition.

BUT if asterisk receive REGISTER packet and save info to mysql in place of
astDB then with mysql MASTER/MASTER replication i have nice HA solution (i
do not need synchronize astDB with rsync&scripts)

we need hook to chan_sip(?) for REGISTER packet