[asterisk-ha-clustering] Load sharing between two asterisk servers

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Mon Jan 14 13:25:27 CST 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 09:08:00PM +0200, Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 wrote:
> > Well, I don't use AstDB. All operations that need a database I use the
> > "MYSQL" command. Everything is loaded into a remote mysql (cluster)
> > shared between asterisks boxes.
> > Yes I know, asterisk put some internal info/control into astdb, but
> > this never has a trouble for me...
>
> This is the information that makes me troubles :-(
>
> When a phone registers on one server the registration status is written by
> Asterisk to AstDB. Phones registerd to the other server doesn't have the
> registration status of this phone thus cannot call it. If I can make the AstDB
> synscronized between the two servers or direct it to MySQL then I can use both
> servers in Active/Active mode.

You are wrong, if a phone is registered with one Asterisk server, you
could not call it from the other one by simple duplication of the
register information on the second server and if it run to you, your
phone are extremly wrong configured, because when a phone register
with a server, it should only receive signaling from that server.

If you want to build an Active/Active cluster, you MUST use DUNDI to
resolve "the other server phones", also if you want HA with an
Active/Active, you will have to "move" the IP of the first server to
the second one, force Asterisk to listen on 0.0.0.0:5060 and "copy and
merge" the AstDB's of both servers.
That's the only way to have an Active/Active with HA and failover if
your phones doesn't support "double register".
Asterisk haven't support for clustering in the "right way", so all
solutions are partial solutions.

Best regards
--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana