[asterisk-ha-clustering] Load sharing between two asterisk servers

Ricardo Carvalho rjcarvalho at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 12:08:10 CST 2008

In my opinion there is some disadvantages with both solutions:

- the one of replicating the AstDB with rsync may have the disadvantage of
not having the registration information about those phones that may
re-register in the time interval between the last rsync and the crash
responsible for the second machine to assume production. Anyway I think I
can live with that :)

- the solution of using MySQL instead of AstDB I think may be too much
effort driven for the servers since that for every call, asterisk has to
access the MySQL DB. As far as I know, AstDB is much faster.

I think that the best solution would be to use some kind of MASTER/MASTER
replication with AstDB. Isn't it possible with DRDB or some other way?

Regards,
Ricardo Carvalho.